- Respect for others and for library materials is required
- Quiet work is expected.
- Students in the library before school, at break, and at lunch must remain in the library until the bell rings.
- No food or drink (except water) in the library.
- Library computers are for school use only. Please be courteous to students needing the time and resources for school purposes.
- Students are to save their work under the "U" drive under their name.
- The "U" drive is accessible from any computer on the Valadez campus.
- Computers are normally available before school, break, lunch, and after school except when the library is conducting classes, testing, or other special events.
- Always LOGOUT when you leave a school computer.
- Black and white printers are available for school use only.
- Students with a Valadez ID card may check out 2 books for 2 weeks, and they may be renewed an additional 2 times. No reference materials may be checked out.
- Your student ID is required to safeguard your student record, prevent loss, and maintain accurate check-out procedures. Remember that a student ID is required on campus at all times per Valadez policy.
- You are responsible for any lost or damaged books checked out with your ID card.
- Please return books when you are finished with them so that they are available to other students.
- Overdue notices are sent to students through language arts classes. Do not ignore overdue notices. If you receive one, please come to the library to renew or return the book listed on the notice.
- All debts must be cleared by the end of each school year. Failure to do so will mean you may not pick up your schedule the following year.
- Loss and damaged library books are assessed by current replacement costs plus a processing fee.
- Textbooks are checked out to students at the beginning of the school year and returned at the end of the school year.
- If you are checking out of school, moving, or changing schools you must return your textbooks to clear your account.
- Keep your textbooks in a safe place at home.
- There are textbooks on all subjects for student use in the library and in classrooms. You do not need to bring your textbooks to school daily.
- Student textbooks will be collected at the end of the school year. Announcements will be made in the daily bulletin and posted around campus for the return schedule.
- Remember, you are responsible for any loss or damages to textbooks.
- Students who deface textbooks, the class set of textbooks, or school property will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the textbook or item or any costs incurred by the school district in the course of clean up or repair of damages (Education Code 48904 a1).
STUDENTS WHO HAVE MISSING BOOKS OR OTHER PROPERTY FINES WILL NOT RECEIVE THEIR YEARBOOKS AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR AND MAY NOT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE PART IN YEAR-END ACTIVITIES UNTIL ALL CHARGES HAVE BEEN CLEARED. THE SCHOOL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO STUDENTS’ PERSONAL MATERIALS.