Valadez Middle School Academy  Logo
Principal's Message MIssion & Vision History SARC Staff Directory Directions Photo Gallery Video Gallery
Classes/Homework Bell Schedule Code of Conduct Expectations Dress Code Food Menu
Academic Policies Classes/Homework Counseling GATE Library/Media Center
Activities Calendar Clubs & Activities
ABI Login
CONTACT

History

History

The Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District proudly dedicated Valadez Middle School Academy in honor of Gualberto J. Valadez. Mr Valadez taught in our district from 1939 until 1983 and inspired countless students. His winning spirit and keen vision is the reason the Eagle was chosen by students as the school's mascot.
 
 
The school is home to the Valadez Eagles where students "Soar to Success." The school opened its doors on September 2, 2008 with 462 sixth and seventh grade students. Eighth grade will complete the school next year.

 

The school welcomes students, staff and visitors with a dramatic central courtyard that is surrounded by academic buildings wired for the latest technology. School features include 22 classrooms, 4 science labs, 2 computer labs, student locker rooms, visual and performing arts classrooms, a media/library center, a multipurpose room and an administrative center.

 

The new school is made possible thanks to the community's overwhelming support of the Measure Y school bond in 2002. The school is the newest addition to the award-winning Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District.